Sunday, April 10, 2016

Tornados! 4/4/16

Well you guessed it!! There was a tornado in Tulsa, Claremore, and Owasso (the latter two which are right next to Tulsa). Guess who didn't get to experience the tornado? This girl. I was super bummed about it!!! I was in Centerton (Arkansas) that day and my companion was in Claremore (which got hit the hardest) and she hunkered down at a YSA's house there. The tornado hit less than a mile away!!! So jelly right now. That's alright though because there is bound to be more. But this is really the only tornado season I'll experience out here soooo...yeah. The only people that were hit were really well to do people. So that's fortunate. Well it's fortunate that they have insurance anyways. On Friday/Saturday I was on another exchange with the Owasso sisters and so I went with Sister Owens and we helped with Mormon Helping Hands. There was about 300 people that came from all around the stake to help out with the damaged homes and trees. We basically cut up the toppled trees and dragged them to the street. Fun stuff!!!

Conference was AMAZING!!!! I loved it soo much!! It's hard to pick a favorite but Elder Holland (of course) is definitely up there. I also loved Bonnie L. Oscarson's talk. Her testimony about the restoration was soooo powerful!!! I also liked Mervyn B. Arnold's about not giving up on other people! And then Elder Holland. He said exactly what I needed to hear at that point in time. Some quotes are, "We get credit for trying even if we do not succeed" "You are the miracle of this church" and "We all have to come down from peak experiences." A lot of times I find myself comparing myself to my best self. Even though it's good to strive to improve yourself,  there are times where you are going to be average or below average and it's not something to work yourself in a tizzy (heh I like that word) over. Well I love you all and I hope you have a magnificent week!!!

Love
Sister Larmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment