Sunday, September 27, 2015

Who would have thought it possible?

Hi Ya'll!!!

This week has been a bit crazy but in a good way haha :D Guys!!! I've gained ten pounds!!! 10 pounds!!!! In six weeks!!!! At that rate you might not recognize me when I come home hahahah!!
The first part of the week was hard because you never know what kind of companion you're going to get so I was a little apprehensive haha. But we spent the first part of the week saying goodbye to people and oh goodness. Another food story...so I am not a fan of melon but people really like to feed it to you. Well I can choke it down but this lady gave us a huge bowl of watermelon and then made this awful green drink...terrible awful. Usually I have something to wash down the bad taste but I had to alternate watermelon and the green drink. I can still taste that drink just thinking about it haha. 
Well transfers day came!! Sister Gerard is awesome! She likes a lot of the same things I do too! It's actually nice leading the area because I feel like I know what I'm doing a little bit better :) She's super spiritual and really receptive to the Spirit which is awesome! 
So I have learned a lot this week!!! I was studying in Mosiah 24 for personal study this week and the story really kind of hit me. It was when the Lamanites took Alma's people into bondage when they were in Helam. They would kill the people if they prayed aloud so they prayed in their hearts. The Lord heard their prayers but He told them that they wouldn't be taken out of bondage but He would make their burdens light. In verse 15 it says, 
"And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord. 
"And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage."
Those scriptures really struck me because the Lord won't always take away our trials but he will give us the strength so that "we may be able to bear them." I also love how because of their patience (which is what I'm trying to work on :) and cheerfulness during their difficulties, He delivered them out of bondage. 
I also had the opportunity to speak in sacrament meeting...again! This time it was on fasting and I learned loads! One quote, "...often our prayers have no power because we have turned our backs on the needy. If you feel that heavenly Father is not listening to your petitions, ask yourself if you are listening tot he cries of the poor, the sick, the hungry, and the afflicted all around you." That was by Joseph B. Wirthlin. I have never ever thought of that before. Not the whole giving to the poor but that's sometimes why the Lord doesn't answer our prayers!!! My talk was based on fast offerings :D
So another cool experience that we've had this week is "Spirit Driving." We had 20 minutes before curfew and so we decided to try out spirit driving. We get to a stop and decide which way to go as the Spirit directs. Well we ended up passing by a guy that I knew we needed to talk to but it was dark and he looked kind of creepy so we drove on. Finally the Spirit was telling me to turn around and so we went and talked to the guy. We acted like we were lost so we could talk to him easier. Well it turns out that he's been looking for a church to go to! We have an appointment with him this coming week!! So cool!!!
Well I love you all!!!

Love,
Sister Larmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment