Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Trip to the Looney Bin....literally

Hola Ya'll!!!!

I decided to mix mine and Terah's languages haha. Ok so this week has been a lot better than last week!!! Guess what?!?!?! I went to the insane asylum!!!! No guys, I'm not crazy...not that crazy anyways haha. One of the less-actives in our ward that we've been visiting had a mental breakdown because of the medicine she was taking. So we went to Springfield to visit her. It was definitely an interesting experience haha. She was soo happy that we came to visit her she cried and cried. She doesn't feel like she's worth much so our visit meant a lot. We were able to talk about the Atonement with her and the love of Christ and how he loves her with all His heart. Oh and one of the ladies who went with us, it was her birthday that day and none of us knew! She spent the whole day with us doing service and going to the mental hospital with us!! We found out the next day and got her a present and balloons. She is one of my favoritest people out here. She is hilarious and is so optimistic despite her circumstances. 
We fasted this week that we might be able to find somebody to teach and to find service. And we did!!! A member called us two hours after we broke our fast and asked us if we could help her hand out cotton candy at the Kids' Fest!!! We definitely didn't turn that down. An opportunity to make hundreds of kids' ecstatic and eat cotton candy while we're doing it? Yep we'll take it haha. I got a little sick after all of the cotton candy I ate haha. We also got a new investigator!!! She's a cousin of a recent convert and she has a lot of questions and is super teachable!! 
Ok and don't freak out but I actually kind of like corn on the cob....ya I know, it's crazy!!! The Lord is really blessing me with the ability to eat the food!!! And I clear my plate at every meal despite how disgusting it is!!! This is a big deal guys haha. We ate at one lady's house this week and the food. Oh my the food. It was so bad. The pork was repulsive, the mac n cheese made me want to gag and don't even get me started on the apple sauce. Why do people insist on serving apple sauce (for those of you that like it, it's probably not a burden haha)?!?!?! She didn't give us any water to wash it down with either!!! My companion and I choked down the food though and went to the ice cream shop afterwards to congratulate ourselves on accomplishing our feat haha (this was our second time at the ice cream shop that day hahaha). Oh and yesterday, we went to a member's house for lunch and the stench from the house made we want to vomit. It was so bad and sooooo not clean at all. And during the meal there was a huge bug on the girl's shoulder who we brought with us...ya. I used the napkin trick where you spit the food into your napkin...yuck. The Lord has really helped me be able to eat the food that is given me though. One of my first days here I couldn't eat the food it was so bad and I couldn't swallow it. I felt sooo bad so I prayed and prayed that the Lord would help me be able to eat the food and not offend the people and He has!!!
Well I love you all!!!

Love
Sister Larmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment