Monday, October 19, 2015

Trailer Parks and Jehovah Witnesses!

Hey ya'll!
This week...oh boy I'm sure glad this week is over! But I learned a lot so it's good. We had a district outing last Monday which one of the Elders made pancakes...heh heh. I didn't eat too many of those haha. On Tuesday we visited Donna, one of our investigators, and we brought one of the Bishop's daughters with us. We were so excited because we learned that Donna's daughter (who takes care of Donna) was reading the Book of Mormon! Well, the member that usually goes on exchanges with us text us later that night and the daughter didn't want us to visit for a couple of weeks :( That was really hard because I love Donna so much. Hopefully sometime in the future we'll be able to come back. 
Oh guess what!!! We tracted into a guy named Fernando and he's been studying with the Jehovah Witnesses for a year with his wife. Well we made an appointment and his wife had tons of questions and wants to take the lessons and we're so excited!! This was a Jehovah Witness filled week! We got a referral from one of our members and this guy and his wife have been studying with the Witnesses too! They are super nice and we invited them to family night with our Relief Society president and they're going to come tonight!! I'm so excited!! 
Guys! I love trailer parks! The people there are so humble and they are really easy to tract! We found quite a few potentials there! 
Oh and I have found that I actually enjoy role plays (where you practice teaching with your companion). I have had so many spiritual experiences this week just role playing! One of the scriptures that I was using in the role play was Doctrine and Covenants 15:6. It says, "And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." The words "will be of most worth" really stuck out to me. I could think of a lot of things that are of great worth to me but is sharing the gospel at the top of the list? Then I thought about as we come closer to Christ and acquire his attributes then what is of most worth to Him will become of most worth to us. Others' salvation should be of the utmost important to us and be of most worth to us. So my goal is to make that be the most worth to me. 
I love you all!!
Love Sister Larmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment