Monday, August 3, 2015

Ahhhh!!! I am a missionary!! When did that happen?

Guys!!!
I'm a missionary!!!! That's sooo weird!!! I honestly don't remember at all what happened my last days at the MTC. All I remember is waking up at 2:30 in the morning and riding the bus that I think was manufactured in Satan's Lair. The plane was really fun because since Elder Johnson got me sick my ears decided to die on the plane. It was a nice slow, painful death haha. When we got to the airport, there was like a whole ward (congregation at church) cheering for us and holding signs. They gave us flowers, brownies, goody bags. It was great. My bags weren't loaded onto the plane so I had to wait a couple hours to get those heh heh. My companion and the other four sisters with me were sick too so the day was kind of long and straining. We were soooo dang tired by the end of the day but I got my first assignment as a missionary!!! So I'm in Mountain Grove, Missouri!!! It's sooooooooo pretty here. There's these things called trees that grow everywhere. And I don't think I've seen dirt anywhere haha. It's all just grass. We have a couple other towns in our area but we mostly serve in Mountain Grove. My trainer's name is Sister De Mie and she's from Riverton, UT. This is her last transfer so she wants to go out with a bang which is nice. At least she's not trunkie (means she's close to going home so she's not driven to do the work). It feels like I've been here longer than just a couple of days though haha. We have a couple investigators that they had from a previous transfer but we haven't taught them as much. We have appointments this week for them though. We've mostly been teaching less active members and trying to get them to come back to church. I think the most spiritual experience that I've had so far is visiting a Sister on the verge of inactivity. She's an old lady raising her two great grandchildren and she was baptized two years ago (she was R-LDS) and everything went downhill from there. She has to rely on the church for food and housing which is rough and she can't move around well (her grandchildren are toddlers). My impression at first was that this lady is really whiny but as she started talking the Spirit told me to just listen and that's what we did and I knew that she just needed to let it all out. She bought us pizza so she could talk to us longer but she came to church yesterday so she's doing better. Another cool experience was when we went over to Brittany's house (potential investigator now investigator) and she usually didn't listen to the sisters but let them serve her bedridden mom and talk to her son (7 yrs old who loves to learn about the gospel). We talked with her a long time this time about different things but then finally a little about our church and we are going back this Thursday to teach her more :D Tracting has been fun haha. I think we got two potentials from that but a lot of blisters haha. Belle (I love that lady) came and picked us up because my foot died. Belle is a nonmember but she loves the missionaries!! She listens to the lessons so we can come over there and she can feed us haha. Her husband believes in our message but is confused because he keeps on talking to preachers and stuff. He came to church yesterday though. I got really sick yesterday and slept most of the day. Belle made me some chicken noodle soup which is really yummy. My companion went on splits with some girls from the ward so she could go to our appointments. I'm better now though (still have my cold). 
Oh I have got to tell you about the Bishop (like a pastor). Ok, he and his wife have 5 biological children (one who committed suicide last December and his Korean wife is living with Bishop now) and has adopted 25 children...TWENTY-FIVE!!!! Their story is the best thing in the world. They wrote a book calledThe Gathering by Annie Laurie and Brian Richardson. So all of these kids and three of their biological children and their families are living in their home. It adds up to 60 people!!!! And they aren't rich!!! They do all the work themselves and us the things on their land. Their house is basically a whole bunch of add ons and it is so cool. I can't even describe it. And their house is filled with such a wonderful Spirit. I love it. When I grow up I'm going to be them haha without 25 adopted kids that is haha. They are the best people ever. And sooo self-sufficient!! The ward is great and I love this area!! I am definitely glad that this place is close to Zion!!! Well I love ya'll!!!

Love,
Sister Larmouth

No comments:

Post a Comment